NOTE: The existing Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) will be replaced by the enhanced Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) with effect from 1st July 2016 onwards.
If your degree is not accredited for direct entry to the Singapore CA Qualification but is comparable to a three-year undergraduate degree, you must complete the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) in order to embark on the Singapore CA Qualification.
You must sign up as a Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) Candidate with the Singapore CA Qualification Administrator, the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants, by 31st March 2016 in order to enrol and complete the existing Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) modules with the Accredited Learning Organisations – Foundation Programme (ALO-FPs) by 30 June 2016.
If you have relevant degree qualification(s) in accounting and/or business, you may seek module exemption from the Foundation Programme by indicating so in Annex A of the Online Application Form. The assessment fee is $160.50 (GST inclusive) and is non-refundable.
The Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC) will waive the assessment fees for module exemptions (not including the application fees) for the graduates of the following non-accredited degrees applying for entry into the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation).
- Bachelor of Business Administration from the National University of Singapore
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance from the University of London International Programmes
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting with Law from the University of London International Programmes
- Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance from the University of London International Programmes
Graduates from the above degrees are still required to indicate “YES” in Annex A of their Online Application Forms if they would like their applications to be assessed for module exemptions. The number of module exemptions granted will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and is not guaranteed. Please note that exemptions cannot be granted if the degree is awarded more than 5 years ago at the point of application.
What to prepare for application:
- Complete the Online Application Form. Please click here for the Candidate Guide to Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) Portal;
- A completed copy of the 'Personal Data Privacy Statement and Consent for Applicants';
- A cheque or cashier's order payment of S$107.00 (application fee) / S$267.50 (application fee + exemption assessment fee) payable to "Singapore Accountancy Commission". The fees stated are non-refundable and GST inclusive;
- A photocopy of NRIC (for Singaporeans & PRs) / FIN or passport (for foreigners);
- A copy of academic certificate(s) of university degree(s) or Statement of Academic Completion issued by the university or equivalent;
- A copy of academic transcript(s) of university degree(s);
- A set of course information (e.g. syllabus and learning outcomes) of the module(s) which is/are to be assessed for exemption (applicable for applicants who are applying for exemptions); and
- A copy of Deed Poll (applicable for applicants who have changed their names).
- If you have been granted exemption from your degree course based on relevant subject(s) taken in Accounting and/or Business diploma issued by a local polytechnic in Singapore (i.e. Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic and Temasek Polytechnic), please also submit the following documents:
- A copy of academic certificate(s) of diploma(s) issued by the local polytechnic;
- A copy of academic transcript(s) of diploma(s) issued by the local polytechnic; and
- A set of course information (e.g. syllabus and learning outcomes) of the diploma module(s) which is/are to be assessed for exemption.
Note: Exemptions can only be granted if both the diploma and degree qualifications are completed within five years from the point of your application.
Please post your documents to:
Singapore CA Qualification Admission
Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
60 Cecil Street
All supporting documents (e.g. academic transcript) must bear the original stamp of the certifying institution, the full name and designation of the registrar (or equivalent), authorised signature and issue date.
Terms and Conditions
Please click here for the list of Application Terms and Conditions.
Foundation Programme Candidates who enrolled before 1 Jan 2014
If you enrolled in the Foundation Programme before 1 Jan 2014 or previously received a Letter of Conditional Entry, please complete the Online Application Form and enclose the Certificate of Completion and Transcripts upon completion of the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) to embark on the Singapore CA Qualification. You are not required to pay the Application Fee and Candidature Fee until you enrol in the Singapore CA Qualification.