If your degree is not accredited for direct entry to the Singapore CA Qualification but is comparable to a three-year undergraduate degree, you must complete the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) in order to embark on the Singapore CA Qualification.
If you have relevant degree qualification(s) in accounting and/or business, you may seek module exemption from the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) by indicating so in Annex A of the Online Application Form. Both Candidates with accredited or non-accredited degrees are eligible to apply for module exemptions. The assessment fee is $160.50 (GST inclusive) and is non-refundable.
The SAC will waive off module exemption fees for Candidates with the following accredited degrees*:
- Bachelor of Business Administration from the National University of Singapore;
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance from the University of London International Programmes;
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting with Law from the University of London International Programmes; and
- Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance from the University of London International Programmes.
*The accredited degrees have been assessed based on the existing syllabus of the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation); this may be subject to change when the enhanced Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) is launched in August 2016.
Under the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation), Candidates with a non-accredited degree will be charged an exemption fee of $535 (GST inclusive) per module exempted if exemptions are granted. The number of exemptions granted will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and is not guaranteed. Note that exemptions cannot be granted if your degree is awarded more than five years ago at the point of your application.
What to prepare for application:
- Complete the Online Application Form. Please click here for the Candidate Guide to Singapore CA Qualification Portal;
- A completed copy of the 'Personal Data Privacy Statement and Consent for Applicants';
- A cheque or cashier's order payment of S$107.00 (application fee) / S$267.50 (application fee + exemption assessment fee) payable to "Singapore Accountancy Commission". The fees stated are non-refundable and GST inclusive;
- A photocopy of NRIC (for Singaporeans & PRs) / FIN or passport (for foreigners);
- A certified true copy of academic certificate(s) of university degree(s) or Statement of Academic Completion issued by the university or equivalent;
- A certified true copy of academic transcript(s) of university degree(s);
- A set of course information (e.g. syllabus and learning outcomes) of the module(s) which is/are to be assessed for exemption (applicable for applicants who are applying for exemptions); and
- A certified true copy of Deed Poll (applicable for applicants who have changed their names).
- If you have been granted exemption from your degree course based on relevant subject(s) taken in Accounting and/or Business diploma issued by a local polytechnic in Singapore (i.e. Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic and Temasek Polytechnic), please also submit the following documents:
- A certified true copy of academic certificate(s) of diploma(s) issued by the local polytechnic;
- A certified true copy of academic transcript(s) of diploma(s) issued by the local polytechnic; and
- A set of course information (e.g. syllabus and learning outcomes) of the diploma module(s) which is/are to be assessed for exemption.
Note: Exemptions can only be granted if both the diploma and degree qualifications are completed within five years from the point of your application.
Please post your documents to:
Singapore CA Qualification Admission
Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
111 Somerset Road, TripleOne Somerset
All supporting documents (e.g. academic transcript) must bear the original stamp of the certifying institution, the full name and designation of the registrar (or equivalent), authorised signature and issue date. Please note that we DO NOT accept copies which have been certified more than 1 year ago.
Certified true copies can be signed by
- Commissioner of Oaths;
- Fully qualified members of professional accounting bodies (e.g. ISCA);
- The relevant High Commission (for foreign nationals);
- The institution awarding the academic certificates; or
- An advocate or solicitor.
Terms and Conditions
Please click here for the list of Application Terms and Conditions.
Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) Candidates who enrolled before 1 Jan 2014
If you enrolled in the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) before 1 Jan 2014 or previously received a Letter of Conditional Entry, please complete the Online Application Form and enclose the Certificate of Completion and Transcripts upon completion of the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) to embark on the Singapore CA Qualification. You are not required to pay the Application Fee and Candidature Fee until you enrol in the Singapore CA Qualification.